Parwaan’s Work in Progress
- Developing a post-graduate diploma course in partnership with the Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) on Early Childhood Education and Development. This one year course, consisting 30 credit hours, will be introduced in spring session 2016 by the Department of Early Childhood and Elementary Teachers' Education.
- Forming partnerships with the low cost private sector through a network of 5000 low cost private schools. The goal is to target a maximum number of private sector institutions in marginalized areas which enroll children 3 and above years old. Public service messages are circulated on cell phones and specific teachers’ training is facilitated on ECED.
- Building capacities of public school teachers for grades katchi (KG) and pehli (grade-I) in child development, child psychology, classroom environment, health and nutrition.
- Increasing political will and commitment- sensitization of Parliamentarians and creation of Education caucuses to consolidate political support for ECED in Pakistan
- Developing the National Strategic Framework for ECED for the age group (0-3) and (3-6).
- Coordinating with Nutrition/Health & Immunization wing for Integration in Teacher Training and launch of joint initiatives for ECED.
- Building capacities of 10,000 education entrepreneurs, of which 75% are women, to open low cost private ECED Centers in marginalized communities which will ultimately help mitigate unemployment in the community.
- Forming a coordination point between all the E9 countries to contribute to the realization of holistic ECED policies, increase resources, strengthen
- national ECED system and improve knowledge base on ECED.
- Improving reading skills in children from KG to Grade II in Low Cost Private Schools (LCPS) in one of the lowest ranked education district of southern Punjab-Lodhran. Mothers of these children will be taken on board to initiate reading activities at homes.
- Initiating partnership with Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) for sensitization of communities.
- Developing of IEC materials providing tips to parents and teachers on the learning and nutritional needs of children (3-6) years old.
- Initiating coordination with provincial education departments for implementation of provincial ECED plans.
Click on the link below to read the September issue of the Parwaan Preschool Programme Newsletter