Develop a National Strategy on Early Childhood Education and Development (ECED) for (0-3) and (3-6) years.
- Serve as an Apex body for the mobilization of Federal and Provincial governments to follow and implement Sustainable Development Goal # 4; specifically 4.2, which states: By 2030 ensure that all girls and boys have access to quality early childhood development care and pre-primary education so that they are ready for primary education.
- Function as a platform for E9 countries and other Global Partners to share and showcase best practices for implementation.
- Support ECED interventions and innovations in Punjab, Sindh, Baluchistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, AJK, FATA and Gilgit Baltistan.
- Serve as an inter-sectoral interlocutor between birth registration departments, health, immunization and education ministries as well as other providers to advance the agenda on and investment in Early Childhood Education and Development for (0-3) and (3-6) years.
- Sensitize public leadership and policy makers at national, provincial, district, sub-district level to mobilize political, administrative, and financial support for the promotion and institutionalization of ECED in the country through provincial education caucuses and the Inter-provincial Education Ministers Conference (IPEMC).
- Facilitate focused data collection and research on ECED for policy inclusion.
- Capacity building of Higher Educational Institutions in the area of Early Childhood Education and Development.